- Bearings and Bearing Lubrications Laboratory: Hydrodynamic, hydrostatic, rolling element bearings and novel designs of unique bearings.
- Computational Fluid Dynamics: Particulate flows, mixing enhancement, suppression/enhancement of turbulence, drag minimization, thermal management.
- Dynamic Systems and Control Laboratory: Design, control and integration of mechanical, robotic and electromechanical systems.
- Center for Manufacturing Systems: Advanced technology center with a dual mission of providing manufacturing support for university research programs and offering design and manufacturing expertise to small and mid-size companies.
- Electro-hydrodynamics Laboratory: Sensors and separation devices for a wide variety of systems for environment monitoring, health care, and medical diagnostics
- Electronic Imaging Center: Infrared filters, sensors and detectors utilizing terahertz radiation, carbon nanotubes.
- W.M. Keck Laboratory: Manipulation of liquid flows and the small particles/microorganisms they transport in biological and biomedical technologies.
- ManufactureNJ (MNJ): is one of several New Jersey Talent Networks each of whose focus is on the specific needs of other key industries including: Financial Services; Health Care; Transportation, Logistics, and Distribution’ Life Sciences; Hospitality and Retail; and Technology and Entrepreneurship.
- Metal Combustion Laboratory: Propellants, explosives, pyrotechnics, and incendiaries.
- Microelectronics Fabrication Center: Application-specific integrated circuits, optical switches, pressure sensors, and MEMS for biomedical, biometrics, and microfluidics application.
- Microgravity Research Laboratory: High energy density additives to propellants and explosives, gas sensors, fuel cells, and ultra-hard material coatings
- New Jersey Center for Engineered Particulates: Tailored particle coatings for pharmaceuticals, food, cosmetics, ceramics, defense, electronics and specialty chemicals.
- New Jersey Center for Microflow Control: Fluidic devices, with a focus on miniaturized flows, and miniaturized sensors and actuators.
- Optical Science and Engineering: optoelectronics, environmental monitoring, industrial process monitoring and position control, and ultrafast optical and optoelectronic phenomena.
- Polymer Processing Institute: Modification of polymers processing into special property products for the medical, health care, automotive, electronics, construction, and packaging industries
- Vincent A. Stabile Lab: “Hands-on” training in solving practical problems using robotics for today’s automated manufacturing.
- Waterjet Technology Lab: Waterjet machining and cleaning applications.