- Bioscience and Bioengineering
- Data Science and Management
- Environment and Sustainability
- Material Science and Engineering
- Robotics and Machine Intelligence
Research is an integral part of a strong academic experience and a critical priority in NJIT’s 2025 Strategic Plan. The university aims for national and international prominence in research through new discoveries in areas ranging from medical sensors and devices to robotics, to nanotechnology, to cybersecurity, to next-generation materials, among other topics of vital importance in basic, applied and translational research.